Pages

September to Remember-Cinque Terre, Italy pt.1

Monday, September 28, 2015

This month has truly been once of the best months from beginning to end. Who knew that the whole catching the bouquet at a wedding thing was real(caught it in February), I had just assumed I was a good catcher. Little did I know that I would be saying yes to marrying my best friend and then taking off to Italy to witness our dear friends tie the knot in one of the most beautiful places I have visited.

This trip was unbelievable and very full of surprises from beginning to end but not once did I allow myself loose my cool, I was in Italy and that was more than enough of a reason to enjoy every moment. Now the first and last 24 hours of our trip could not have included more curve-balls. We unfortunately missed our flight and had to buy tickets again. When we arrived to Milan we waited for my luggage that never made it. We then needed a way for the airline to contact us but the sim card we purchased never worked nor did the wifi in our hostel.  

Now you'd think I would be going bonkers by now but I was still telling myself "be cool like a cucumber". Once we made it to the Milan Central Station, I stopped by Sephora and also bought only a couple of tops at a little clothing shop since the sizes for pants were so tiny. Once at the village I was able to buy as I went. On the morning of the wedding my luggage finally caught up to us. It almost felt like a blessing in disguise since that pack seemed to have a ton of bricks inside. It was kinda nice not to have to carry it for half the trip. After not having it for those couple of day I realized I really did not need to bring everything I had. Over packed was definitely an understatement.

For the first part of the trip we stayed in Vernazza, which is part of Cinque Terre ("The Five Lands"). It was my favorite part of the trip. There was just one street in the village that for the first few hours of our days and late at night everything seemed so peaceful, once all the waves of tourist were gone it was just us; good company, bubbly drinks and beautiful sunsets. 

We would wake up late and stay up late. I remember it being one o'clock in the morning and jumping into the sea on our first night there. Waking up the next morning and explaining to an Italian pharmacist that you need cold medicine was like a game of charades. What ever she gave me fixed me right up. 

Everything about our stay here was just amazing. Being able to witness our friends exchange their vows in such a beautiful place was such a treat. I can't wait to share the rest of our adventure as we made our way to Florence or better yet, ate our way there.































































  







 























 



























2 comments: